Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Seal of Texas graduation cake

 I made this cake for a guy that was graduating with his masters in History.  His wife asked if I would make a cake for his graduation party but didn't know what to do.  She did know she wanted red velvet with cream cheese icing!  I was driving down the highway one day and saw one of those road side markers that tell something special about that particular place and had my "ah-ha" moment!  He loves anything Texas so why not a cake made to look like the Seal of Texas!!! Well, I didn't quite know how to accomplish this feat but decided to use color dust and paint it bronze...this is the result.  First, I piped the lettering, star and leaves then painted it with liquid color dust.  I was amazed at how easy it really was!  He really loved it, by the way!


A close up of the piping.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment