Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Golfing, hunting & fishing graduation cake

 I made this cake for a friend of mine's oldest son who was graduating high school.  She didn't really have any ideas for what she wanted but asked if there was a way to incorporate this things he likes....hunting, fishing, golfing! Oh, and add the Browning symbol somewhere on it!  Hummmm...how to do this!  So, we came up with the idea to have a golf bag with a fishing pole, shotgun and golf clubs in it.  He always wears a cap...I mean, ALWAYS so I had to figure out how to incorporate that too.  I do believe this cake was a hit!
 I hand painted the Browning symbol on the cap with a food coloring pen and worked to make the hat look as real as possible.





I even included a little worm for the him to fish with! ; )









I also added some shotgun shells for him to use on his hunt!  And of course, golf balls!
                                This is the back of the cap and cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment