Sunday, September 9, 2012

It's your lucky day...a St. Patrick's Day party

I had the opportunity to decorate for a St. Patrick's Day party for a dear friend.  Her family is from Ireland so we added as much green as possible! 

 I printed out St. Patrick's Day subway art to enhance the tablescape and added various holiday themed fabric to create a whimical, fun environment.

 I made this little sign to decorate her built-ins and added hand painted vases and colored glass..all in shades of green.

I also made Irish Cream cupcakes with Bailey's Irish cream frosting...boy, they were good!!

  I strung pom poms on clear thread to hang as a cute garland above the table.  Also, I used apothocary containers to display elements of the holiday...glittery shamrocks, gold coins and lecprechan hats!
I added just a few glittery shamrocks and candles with green peas surrounding them to the built-ins in the living room.
In the entry, we hung a "LUCKY" banner for guests to be greeted with as they entered along with the apothocary display.

The guests were greeted at the door by a handmade fabric shamrock!

No comments:

Post a Comment