Monday, September 10, 2012

A Mod Mommy baby shower...purple, gray and yellow color scheme

 I was asked by a dear friend to help her create a modern baby shower for one of our friends.  This is our result!  It was so much fun to do because I got to colaborate with a friend on this shower and it was a new area of design that I had not yet done...modern chic!  I think it turned out wonderfully!  We punched out paper circles from scrapbook paper and glued them to thread to hang from the ceiling..it was very dramatic! 
A sweet friend of the mother to be made this sweet sign we hung on the front of the table.

We tried to keep everything simple and clean. 

 These are the "dippers" for the chocolate fountain you will see later in this post.  I tented the water purple to float the candles in...it's hard to see in this picture but it was really cute.






The chocolate fountain!!!

This was another idea from one of the mother to be's friends...have everyone sign a note to the baby on the rocking chair in place of a guest registry...and lastly, a framed copy of the invitation.


 My friend who helped me do this shower made these adorable yarn wrapped letters to match the baby's room!

No comments:

Post a Comment