Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Alice in Wonderland cake

I had the priviledge to make an "Alice in Wonderland" cake for our high school's One Act Play cast party recently.  I had so much fun making the fondant detailing for this cake...I spent about a week working on each detail of the cake.  I fondly remember this Disney movie as a child and I was so excited when I was asked to make something for these fabulous students.  I even took my family to the last performance of their regional awarded play.  I must say I had the time of my life...they were so wonderful!  I hope I can do this again for them!
 The cake had many sides so I took several angles of it.  The bottom layer was the "Cheshire Cat" with his big grin with the "Mad Hatter's" hat on top of it, followed by a tea cup with "tea" spilling from it! 

I included a key for Alice to open the door with, the Queen's crown, a few cards, some colorful mushrooms, many flowers and who could forget~The Clock!


No comments:

Post a Comment